Before continuing, assess progress by answering questions about the system. Up to this point, has the process provided:
- a well-identified problem and its root causes?
- an articulation of the change required to address that problem?
- a detailed map of the innovation system in which change should occur?
- a recognition that capacity development can influence change?
- an analysis of the innovation system’s current capacities?
- a prioritization of capacity development needs?
If yes, then proceed with the process. If no, consider alternative approaches.